Lou Thesz Lot of two (2) Original Photos – Lord James Blears / Frank Faketty (Karl Von Hess)


Lot of two (2) Original Photos – Lou THESZ vs. Lord James Blears w/ referee Frank Faketty (Karl Von Hess)

A pair of vintage original photographs from a match (July 26, 1954) held in Spokane, WA between Lord James Blears and Lou Thesz. These original photographs were obtained directly from the family of wrestler Karl Von Hess (Frank Faketty). That is Promoter Tex Hager in the group photo. They are in excellent condition and both measure 8 x 10 inches. The images are crystal clear. These are most likely one of a kind, first generation photographs. Frank Faketty has signed his name on one of them in blue ballpoint ink. Extremely rare and desirable for the wrestling historian. 


Lou Thesz Lot of two (2) Original Photos – Lord James Blears / Frank Faketty (Karl Von Hess)

Lou Thesz is one of wrestling’s living legends. Thesz started wrestling in the 1930s, and from the 1930s to the 1960s, he was one of the most dominant figures in the business. Thesz won his first World Heavyweight Title in the 1930s, and went on to become a 6-time World Heavyweight Champion, many of those reigns as the NWA (National Wrestling Alliance) world champion. Thesz’ last reign was in the 1960s when he lost the NWA world title to Gene Kiniski. Thesz’ last match was in the early 1990s when he lost via submission to one of his protoges, Masahiro Chono.

Lord “Tally Ho” Blears was a professional wrestler and an announcer for the 50th State Big Time Wrestling promotion in Hawaii during the 1960’s and 1970’s. Lord Blears was also a WWII war hero. His ship was torpedoed by a Japanese submarine, which sunk his ship. All the survivors of the attack were brought aboard the Japanese submarine and were beheaded by the Japanese sailors. However, Lord Blears managed to escape certain death by jumping into the ocean, while handcuffed to a fellow sailor. The Japanese opened fire with rifles into the water….. but he swam deep to avoid the bullets. He got away with his life… and clung to the wreckage of his ship for 3 days until he was rescued.